
The sounds of rushing water, insects whirring, birds chirping, and even the rooster who missed sunrise and is diligently making up for it now...I am delighting in each note of the music of nature.
The occasional sounds of civilization intrude upon this idyllic time but soon fade away, leaving me wondering...not so much why, but what: what's up with those medical test results, anyway? what exactly does it all mean? what am I supposed to be learning from this? what's next?
Earlier life experiences have already given me the answer to the question "why?" and the answer is bigger than me, bigger than us, bigger than the whole universe and I am too finite to understand the answer. So I don't really ask "why" any more.
And as I sit here, soaking up the green and gold of leaves and sunshine, weary with all the wondering, I decide that I don't even need to know "what" any more. What I really need is peace and God has promised that I might have peace "in Him" and not only peace but "perfect peace" as I trust in Him.
Trust---it seems so passive. But it is a verb, an action word (as I tell my kids) and so I purpose to begin my "trust walk" in this area of my life--trusting God, I will journey on, doing the next thing and the next and the next. I can hear the children back at the campsite and I decide that the "next thing" for me right now is to take them down to the stream so we can test out our homemade crawdad trap!
~These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. John 16:33
~Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Isaiah 16:3
No comments:
Post a Comment