At this point we are homeless wanderers. If you will recall, we had to check out of the hostel. Just thought I would throw that out there.
It was time to get sorted for the next phase of our adventure. We were soon to be on our way to Bath! That is, if we could find a way to get there. A bus is good, and there was one that went there. But we had to get our bus tickets and for that we had to find the National Express Bus Station which was somewhere is Victoria Station.
So we trudged through this slightly sketchy tunnel to get to the tube that would take us to Victoria station. Yeah, it was a little scary and you would think I would learn to keep up with my bodyguards!!! I know they are tiny and skinny lil bodyguards but that fact that I am writing this blog after the fact is proof that they were very effective bodyguards...
Our destination. Sighs of relief.
Until we get inside. How are we ever going to find the National Express Bus kiosk? Well, to make a (very) long story short: we did find it but it was closed. End of story.
Well, not quite the end because we had to figure out how to get to Bath. From some intensive research on the internet, one of the girls discovered there was a way to buy tickets online and that way would be much cheaper. However, remember the part about us being homeless wanderers??
Yes, there is that.
We ended up finding a little shop where we could order our tickets and even print them out. As I recall, it was some type of copy shop, along the lines of Kinko's.
My girls are nothing if not intrepid, enterprising, smart, enthusiastic and...hungry.
St. Paul's cathedral
We are on the bridge, I am looking backwards, taking this picture. Those girls were such troopers. And as I mentioned before, pretty good at keeping me alive.
This is the part of the story where Sara gets hungry again so she buys some hot roasted nuts...
And generously shares with all.
This is also where we saw the man with no head.
I didn't manage to take a decent picture so you are just going to have to believe me.
The Millennium Bridge, with St. Paul's in the background
No comments:
Post a Comment